Infinite Boot Loop SSD + HDD UEFI Lenovo Z710

Mar 30, 2018
Hi.

Last few days I am walking through hell with configuring two disks SSD + HDD on my laptop - Lenovo Z710. Now during startup I experience infinite boot loop (basically 'Lenovo' logo is appearing for 2sec then screen goes black and again 'Lenovo' logo - so on and so on).

Details:
1. On SSD I have Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu
2. Both disks were completely formatted at the beginning - SSD as GPT
3. Now HDD is completely empty, tried with both MBR and GPT - nothing changed
4. EFI (bios) was updated to the newest from Lenovo site (I am just a little bit concerned that in BIOS - BIOS version and EC version are different - but I read that it is not a big deal)
5. In BIOS I set EFI only booting with priority to Windows system
6. I tried to change SATA connections to which disks are connected - nothing happened
7. After I disconnect HDD - SSD is booting without any problem
8. After I connect different HDD (even partitioned with MBR) - SSD is booting without any problem
9. Tried to install system on HDD to overwrite boot sectors - nothing changed.

If HDD in this moment is completely empty (no partitions, zero-filled, boot record erased) then why it causes infinite boot loop? I tried convert HDD to dynamic disk, from GPT back to MBR - and still nothing.

Obviously I can click F12 in every startup and go to manual booting menu - then it's working - but I would like everything to work as it should in my laptop.

Maybe anybody has an idea what can I do to have both disks connected and avoid boot loop? Maybe I can access boot logs somehow (but if it is before POST - I assume it can be a problem).

Thanks in advance - I am going mad now :/

Solution
Not an expert, but I know Ubuntu has problems with EFI. Or it may be interfering with the grub bootloader supposed to make you choose between two operating systems. Try rebuilding from Ubuntu while SSD is also up. If not working and you don't mind losing Ubuntu then you can fixmbr from windows recovery. See if these work.
Mar 30, 2018
Then it's working. Tried installing both Windows and Linux on HDD with MBR and after that GPT - both were working but after I connected second drive (SSD) - behaviour was standard - infinite loop.

Apr 14, 2018
Not an expert, but I know Ubuntu has problems with EFI. Or it may be interfering with the grub bootloader supposed to make you choose between two operating systems. Try rebuilding from Ubuntu while SSD is also up. If not working and you don't mind losing Ubuntu then you can fixmbr from windows recovery. See if these work.

Solution
Dec 11, 2018
After a day of trying I found next solution.
1. SSD and HDD should be both MBR type. If one of them will be GTP --> boot loop.
2. Next BIOS settings:
SATA Controller Mode - AHCI
Boot Mode - Legacy Support
Boot Priority - Legasy First
Boot sequence: 1. SSD with OS; 2. HDD; 3. ...