InFocus Intros Monster 55" AIO PC, the BigTouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFRet

Titan
For classroom and business, as a fancy whiteboard...maybe. But we already have those.

For a home theater? I have to get up and touch the TV to do things? I think not.
Isn't that why we've had remotes for the last 40 years?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
The HTPC system I built at home uses an E-450 and Windows 8.
We also have a 42" plasma and installed infra-red touch sensors into a bezel that sits on top of the screen (about half a cm thick).

The TV can register touch and everything.
Overall the whole thing set me back $1200.

Why is this system $5000 again?

Eman25th

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
neat article, my friend works at infocus(local company here) ive had a chance to play with the mondopad, their radio ads markets them towards businesses.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]kryojenix[/nom]1080p resolution on a 55" screen is going to look absolutely rubbish from touching distance...[/citation]
It's already bad on 27" touchscreens. Manufacturers, can we please get higher resolution displays and better scaling (particularly with multiple monitors)? PLEASE? (at least there are some 1080p 13" machines out there, but desktops?)

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]USAFRet[/nom]For classroom and business, as a fancy whiteboard...maybe. But we already have those.For a home theater? I have to get up and touch the TV to do things? I think not.Isn't that why we've had remotes for the last 40 years?[/citation]

this is a PC, think outside the TV you now have a 55" desktop and it's stuck at 1080p which sucks incredibly huge!

not that these games will work with touch, i do not know, but think 5 player supreme commander on your table top PC and you and your friends can sit around it with each of you having single touch access or you can play 1 vs 1 with both of you having 2 touch access or you can play your sisters/wife and her friend and they have 2 touch access while you handicap yourself to single touch in an effort to not make them look like noobs.

think Chess. if you're using it to watch movies then you must think papers only use is to write on with a pencil.

f-14

Distinguished
i didn't even stress you can use microsoft paint and play with the kids, make and write music with the band, collaborate/brainstorm strategy and implementation at work during office meetings with your department or other departments.

i know the program software probably isn't ready or there for this yet, but now it can happen.

have an idea what you want to do with it, be an innovator and build it, this is your opportunity to become a millionaire or the next bill gates /oracle or what ever! you get the idea. stop being 'just a user' if you have an idea you want it to do.

USAFRet

Titan

I have a large screen..a 61". Having to stand within arms reach of it to manipulate (play a game or something) would suck. If we lay it flat (tabletop) that would probably work for a multiplayer setup, but that would eat a large chunk of living room space. In an arcade or bar? Sure.

USAFRet

Titan

As said earlier..a fancy whiteboard. We have and use a large Smartboard at work. Its great for presentations. But I could not see trying to play any game on it. You're standing much too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.