Ink replacement (R200)

I have a problem, do I buy genuine epson cartridges or compatibles.
I have been scouring the internet, and there are so many different types of
compatibles.
Where do I go from here.

If you print load is not extremely high, you do not need to risk
screwing up the delicate Epson printheads. If you print load is high
then do you research carefully.

bart.frank@gmail.com wrote:

>here has some reviews for "bulk ink", you can take a look:
>http://www.inkrepublic.com/reviews.asp

Why isn;t this cute. The Fox is guarding the Hen House. Here you have
a reseller vendor providing reviewq on what he is selling. If any of
you out there believe this I have a bridge I would like to sell you. :-D
:-D

I use a series of auto-reset chips on a R300 printer. Each time I print
something (even one page) the printer does a cleaning cycle. Becuase of this
fact the printer uses 20 times more ink than the ink would be used for
printing the pages... Does someone knows how to solve it? Do all continues
ink systems behave the same way??? Are there different chips avoiding this
fact?

--
Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

--

"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message
>I use a series of auto-reset chips on a R300 printer. Each time I print
> something (even one page) the printer does a cleaning cycle. Becuase of
> this
> fact the printer uses 20 times more ink than the ink would be used for
> printing the pages... Does someone knows how to solve it? Do all continues
> ink systems behave the same way??? Are there different chips avoiding this
> fact?

I'd complain to the suppliers of the auto-reset chips; they obviously aren't
working right if the printer is doing a cleaning cycle everytime you print
something. Using 'normal' non-resting chips mine does a clean cycle about
once every two weeks, or maybe less if I use the printer regularly.

"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message news:1115939115.363188@athnrd02...
> I use a series of auto-reset chips on a R300 printer. Each time I print
> something (even one page) the printer does a cleaning cycle. Becuase of this
> fact the printer uses 20 times more ink than the ink would be used for
> printing the pages... Does someone knows how to solve it? Do all continues
> ink systems behave the same way??? Are there different chips avoiding this
> fact?
>
> --
> Yianni
> in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

I leave my r200 on all the time, and the few times I do turn it off, I use the
button on the printer -- not a power strip switch. I sometimes don't print for
several days, but when I do print, I have never noticed it do a 'cleaning
cycle' -- just the print. There is no ink used between prints, and no 'extra'
ink used during a single print. I use epson carts and I don't refill. Maybe it
doesn't like your reset chips.

Yianni wrote:

>I use a series of auto-reset chips on a R300 printer. Each time I print
>something (even one page) the printer does a cleaning cycle. Becuase of this
>fact the printer uses 20 times more ink than the ink would be used for
>printing the pages... Does someone knows how to solve it? Do all continues
>ink systems behave the same way??? Are there different chips avoiding this
>fact?

I was going to buy an R300 but when I heard about what you are saying I
bought a Canon IP4000 and do not have the problem.

SamSez wrote:

>"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message news:1115939115.363188@athnrd02...
>

>>I use a series of auto-reset chips on a R300 printer. Each time I print
>>something (even one page) the printer does a cleaning cycle. Becuase of this
>>fact the printer uses 20 times more ink than the ink would be used for
>>printing the pages... Does someone knows how to solve it? Do all continues
>>ink systems behave the same way??? Are there different chips avoiding this
>>fact?
>>
>>--
>>Yianni
>>in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>>

>I leave my r200 on all the time, and the few times I do turn it off, I use the
>button on the printer -- not a power strip switch. I sometimes don't print for
>several days, but when I do print, I have never noticed it do a 'cleaning
>cycle' -- just the print. There is no ink used between prints, and no 'extra'
>ink used during a single print. I use epson carts and I don't refill.

Smart Move. I assume you do not have any problems.

>Maybe it
>doesn't like your reset chips.

You ask around for reputable ink cartridge suppliers in your area from
people who use them. Keep in mind that longevity of ink from fading may
differ between inks.

Art

Dgethin wrote:

> I have a problem, do I buy genuine epson cartridges or compatibles.
> I have been scouring the internet, and there are so many different types of
> compatibles.
> Where do I go from here.

arthur,

according to inkrepublic's site, they claimed their chipset can prevent
cleaning cycle? is that for real?

what do we really waste if doing head cleaning?

> according to inkrepublic's site, they claimed their chipset can prevent
> cleaning cycle? is that for real?
>
> what do we really waste if doing head cleaning?

Head cleanings use a bit of ink. more or less depending on various factors.
Not cleaning will most likely result in clogged printheads, especially if you
do not print often.

- Bob Headrick

Epson has changed it's systems several times, so it depends upon the
printer model.

The printers keep track of three basic pieces of information:

1) Waste ink pad ink amount

2) amount of ink left in the cartridge (intelledge cartridge or status
ink monitor or both)

3) time between last cleaning cycle which may move around depending on
last startup.

To my knowledge, the cartridge chips themselves are not responsible for
the storing or actuating that part of the equation, but instead, in
firmware and some memory, but I could be mistaken.

Are you sure they aren't claiming that with their cartridge chips, the
printer will not read a cartridge low or empty, which would trigger a
cartridge replacement and the larger purging process.

A regular head cleaning may use between 1% to 3% of the ink, but major
purges like with the printer when brand new, or the cleaning between may
mean a lot more up to 20%, as I recall. Cleaning for changing
cartridges is probably about 5% of the ink or so, but it's out of each
of the cartridges, so that adds up/

Art

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Epson has changed it's systems several times, so it depends upon the
> printer model.
>
> The printers keep track of three basic pieces of information:
>
> 1) Waste ink pad ink amount
>
> 2) amount of ink left in the cartridge (intelledge cartridge or status ink
> monitor or both)
>
> 3) time between last cleaning cycle which may move around depending on
> last startup.
>
> To my knowledge, the cartridge chips themselves are not responsible for
> the storing or actuating that part of the equation, but instead, in
> firmware and some memory, but I could be mistaken.

I've read about this problem before somewhere - because the ink level
reset's everytime the printer is used and confuses the printer making it do
a clean cycle (it thinks the ink carts have been changed). The better
auto-reset chips will only reset when the ink level gets down to 10% or less
and therefore don't trigger more than the normal level of clean cycles.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

bart.frank@gmail.com wrote:
> arthur,
>
> according to inkrepublic's site, they claimed their chipset can prevent
> cleaning cycle? is that for real?
>
> what do we really waste if doing head cleaning?

Don't see that happening.

I use a 1270 on a regular basis I had just printed 4 A3+ prints and had
to do a colour cartridge change. having done this printed a further 2
A3+ prints and on the third the magenta blocked, leaving me to clean the
heads and restart the print again.

Seems that heads just clog for no apparent reason - this exercise heaps
of ink went through the heads, so it wasn't standing around and the
printer is used on a regular basis. Head cleaning perhaps should be done
on a regular basis without question.

> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>>You ask around for reputable ink cartridge suppliers in your area
>
> from
>
>>people who use them. Keep in mind that longevity of ink from fading
>
> may
>
>>differ between inks.
>>
>>Art
>>
>>Dgethin wrote:
>>

>>>I have a problem, do I buy genuine epson cartridges or compatibles.
>>>I have been scouring the internet, and there are so many different
>
> types of
>
>>>compatibles.
>>>Where do I go from here.

From these posts it appears that Epson has a whole lot of problems that
Canon and HP do not have.

> From these posts it appears that Epson has a whole lot of problems that
> Canon and HP do not have.

And from other posts it appears that Canon and HP have a whole lot of
problems that Epson don't have too.

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>>From these posts it appears that Epson has a whole lot of problems that
>>Canon and HP do not have.
>>

>And from other posts it appears that Canon and HP have a whole lot of
>problems that Epson don't have too.

Much less

"miswrite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Ivory Floppy wrote:
>
>>"miswrite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>From these posts it appears that Epson has a whole lot of problems that
>>>Canon and HP do not have.
>>>

>>And from other posts it appears that Canon and HP have a whole lot of
>>problems that Epson don't have too.
>>

> Much less

...probably because HP and Canon printers are less popular............and in
the case of the bottom end of the market, built to Lexmark quality and are
disposable when they go wrong.

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
> >"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >

> >>From these posts it appears that Epson has a whole lot of problems that
> >>Canon and HP do not have.
> >>

> >And from other posts it appears that Canon and HP have a whole lot of
> >problems that Epson don't have too.
> >

> Much less

How about the worst fading of the three?

Kind of makes all the other 'problems' pale in comparison.

"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>>
>> >"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> >And from other posts it appears that Canon and HP have a whole lot of
>> >problems that Epson don't have too.
>> >

>> Much less
>
> How about the worst fading of the three?
>
> Kind of makes all the other 'problems' pale in comparison.

"pale in comparison" ... groan.

SamSez wrote:

>>Ivor Floppy wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>And from other posts it appears that Canon and HP have a whole lot of
>>>problems that Epson don't have too.
>>>

>>Much less
>>

>How about the worst fading of the three?
>
>Kind of makes all the other 'problems' pale in comparison.

No fading in 9 months.

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>

>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Much less
>>>

>>How about the worst fading of the three?
>>
>>Kind of makes all the other 'problems' pale in comparison.
>>

>"pale in comparison" ... groan.

More BullShit. No fading in 9 months.

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
> >"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >

> >>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >>How about the worst fading of the three?
> >>
> >>Kind of makes all the other 'problems' pale in comparison.
> >>

> >"pale in comparison" ... groan.
> >

> More BullShit. No fading in 9 months.

I'll be a little more polite.

I'll say, ...I'm happy you're satisfied, however, your experience does not seem
to agree with the majority of independent testing...

and since you replied to both, I'll reply to both

I was wondering how Canon deals with the waste ink from their printers?
Do they use some type of pad or bottle, and are they user replaceable?

Art