[SOLVED] Inkjet printing - drying of nozzles

bluenitepk

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
I am considering buying a new printer for home use, with a small amount of printing. Major manufacturers (Canon/Epson/HP/Brother) are constantly improving their systems, but I'm mainly interested in drying nozzles. Among other things, the cartridges price, original or compatible. Will anyone share the experience? Or look at a color laser, no photo quality printing?
Does anyone know a good sites/blogs with verified opinions on printers?
Thanks for answers
Peter

Solution
Depending on how infrequent you need to print, you may even want to consider checking out a local office supply store to see if they have print stations the public can use. My local store charges something like $0.05/page (US). For me, that's like $0.50/year.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
Unless you need really high quality photo prints, color laser, no question.

Due to the very nature of the ink, inkjet heads will dry out if not used regularly.

And lasers are almost certainly much less expensive per page. That's been my overall experience, anyway.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Depending on how infrequent you need to print, you may even want to consider checking out a local office supply store to see if they have print stations the public can use. My local store charges something like $0.05/page (US). For me, that's like $0.50/year.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution