Review Inland Premium 1TB SSD Review: Standard Fare with a Great Warranty

Okay maybe I have missed something or the price is a mistake. $429.99 for the Inland 1TB vs the Western Digital SN770 Gen 4 at $150 or even the Samsung 980 at sub $100!!!! I bought an ADATA Gammix S70 for just over a £100...Is this Inland drive something special for pro workloads or data centres?

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Inland is fine for cheap accessories but I would never use them for data storage. They probably should have started off making RAM and building a reputation for more important computer parts first.

As it stands, their accessories barely get a pass, so unless this is rebadged from a reputable manufacturer, hard pass. I'd go back to mechanical HDD before using an SSD or NVME from them if I had to choose.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
The pricing in the chart is really messed up. Nobody caught that before publishing?

Also the Inland Premium line has been around for quite a while. At least 3 years at this point and has undergone multiple revisions. It used to be priced much cheaper than similarly performing drives. However, the pricing hasn't dropped as much competitors. So what used to be a great deal is now meh at best. In fact I remember during Black Friday 2019 the 2 TB drive was $215 when i picked one up.

Also to comment on the quality. I've never had an issue with mine. It started as a boot drive and then became my secondary drive after I got a 980 Pro. Pretty sure all the companies that elected an E12/E12s based drive just contract it out anyways so quality is similar between all those brands. If you pay a premium for one of them you're paying for looks, warranty, support, and the brand. Up to each individual if that's worth it.