Inland Professional SSD from Micro Center broke....

happyguy119

Prominent
Sep 12, 2018
A few months ago I bought an Inland Professional 240GB ssd from Micro center for my new PC build. When I installed windows on it, it broke during installation and my motherboard never detected it again. I also tried it with another PC and it didnt detect it either.

Is there anyway I can get another SSD from Micro Center or is there a solution as I want an SSD in my build.

EDIT: Now I am in Australia so I cannot go to the store.

Solution
Since you waited so long I doubt it can be returned. Your best option would be to contact Microcenter and see about an RMA. As you aren’t in the same country. I wouldn’t have too much hope.

All I can say is, this is the risk of saving money and buying overseas. Also a risk in buying an unknown, small or house brand. Get a Crucial, Intel or Samsung SSD from a reseller based in your country.

happyguy119

Prominent
Sep 12, 2018

Well, when I was installing Windows on it, it was stuck on 42% for a long period of time so I knew something was wrong so I rebooted my PC and then the SSD was no longer detected.

DSzymborski

Titan

Does the warranty include the name and address or website of the manufacturer? I'm not familiar with Inland. Typically, stores have a 30-day return policy to them and after those 30 days, you have to contact the manufacturer for warranty service.

happyguy119

Prominent
Sep 12, 2018

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is that I bought it longer than 30 days ago and I don't think Inland has their own website and I am in Australia now so I can't go back to the store.
:(

USAFRet

Titan

Try the install again.
Be sure you've disconnected all other drives, and you may want to create a new Win 10 install USB.

Since you waited so long I doubt it can be returned. Your best option would be to contact Microcenter and see about an RMA. As you aren’t in the same country. I wouldn’t have too much hope.

All I can say is, this is the risk of saving money and buying overseas. Also a risk in buying an unknown, small or house brand. Get a Crucial, Intel or Samsung SSD from a reseller based in your country.

Solution

happyguy119

Prominent
Sep 12, 2018

Ok, I will try the install again this week.
UPDATE: I tried it and it does not show up.