Innodisk Booth Fire Threatens Flash Memory Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009

Irony being, it was probably a 7900x system being used by AMD to try and get some Vega FE SLI benchmark numbers.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Well I know who is winning the Hottest New Product award... Innotek with their "Flash Fire" SSD series.

Better opt for the upgraded 2+ gallon top-mounted reservoir. Wouldn't want the tiny amount of coolant in most watercooling loops to embarrass you when your rig bursts into flames, right?

"Oh no, see, it caught fire, but I still came out looking good because it burned a hole in my reservoir and the resulting gush of coolant put the fire out."

Dan: Overclocked the 20 thread 7900x to 5 gigahertz and the system feels stable enough.
Dan: Now to run a Prime95 Blend.
John: DAN!!! STOP!!! DON'T PRESS ANYTHING!!!
Dan: "Clicks Start"
Dan: See nothing bad happened. It even found a new prime in the first 3 seconds.
Dan: Hmm what's that smell? It smells like burning silicon and cheap paper.
John: DAN!!! QUICK GET THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!!

jtd871

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Innodisk has some really interesting products like VLP SO-DIMMS and interesting form-factor SSDs and memory. Hope insurance covers any losses.

While we're all having fun pointing fingers at exploding clothes washers or spaceheater GPU's, it's likely to be something much more mundane. Overloaded or faulty power outlet. Someone forgetting to toggle the 110-220 switch. Forgetting to remove the packing materials.

Or that one guy in every office who runs an extension cord under his desk and runs over it with his office chair wheels 30+ times a day.

TMC3

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
Your absolutely right~ Although I am quite surprised the fire marshall signed off on the COA if there was an issue... I have exhibited numerous times at big convention halls like this; and felt it quite absurd when they would come around and say, you can't use this light or can't use this extension cord.. big thing is that no one was hurt, killed or injured..

GaryTesta

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
I can't say that having it watercooled would be of much use! Then you just get all the other devices in the area frying at well. They should be using FLUID COOLED products like CoolFluids (www.engineeredfluids.com/coolfluids). Biodegradable, non-toxic and non-flammable.

gangrel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
I'm hearing electrical overload. I'm wondering if the entire exhibit hall is remaining closed because the space simply lacks adequate power handling. You KNOW the hotel's busting their backside to get the room back in service, so having it be down for a full day is really surprising to me. And a major black mark on the hotel as a venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.