Question Input lag/delay on mouse, keyboard and in games and desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2022
Hey, I'm having a really hard time with my high end computer I can't find any solution for almost half a year. So, I had a PC that I build in September 2021 (RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X, 32gb of ram, X570 chipset, 2x m.2 ssd, 360mm aio, 850W power supply, 2x high refresh rate monitors) everything was fine from the beginning, no input lag, no delay, no mouse/keyboard problem, until one day in March this year, I woke up from a night shift, turned on the PC and noticed that my mouse and keyboard feels weird when moving around in desktop / games and when typing (bad mouse responsiveness in games when moving my mouse, like it's really slow, floaty, not accurate, delay when moving in games or when typing), I tried everything, reinstalling windows multiple times, changing every hardware (components, peripherals), changing ISP, moving to another house and nothing helped.

So I sold my PC thinking that there was some sort of a problem that I just couldn't figure out. Then I build a second PC with all new parts that are listed below, except PSU and monitors, hoping everything will be fixed, but it didn't fix anything at all. It's still there and I'm out of ideas :( .. I'm playing csgo competitively on high level, so I have some muscle memory but now when I'm trying to click on something with this input lag/delay it's like I've never used my mouse before.. and when this problem occures I can't play ANY games because it's so unresponsive. It also feels like I'm playing on low refresh rate and low fps when this input lag/delay kicks in.

The input lag, floatyness and other stuff is even more noticeable when installing windows 10. Also, I have a 850W power supply, and when I did that power supply calculator thingy from outervision website, the recommended PSU wattage for my new PC build is 585W which is odd because on the Gigabyte GPU website the recommended PSU is 750W.. and then I tried another calculator from newegg, the recommended PSU wattage there was 800-899 W. So I'm thinking that even when my PSU has 850W it is somehow not efficient enough to power my components(?). I have two monitors, 240hz and 144hz and none of them had any issues before, but this input lag is happening on both monitors.

I didn't try to replace my monitor with another because I have no option to do so right now. And also I want to upgrade to 1000W PSU and see if it makes any difference.

New pc:
CPU
- Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU - Gigabyte RTX 3080 VISION
RAM - 2x16GB of RAM @3600MHz
MB - Gigabyte B550 VISION D-P
Cooler - Asus ROG STRIX LC II 280 AIO
PSU - Gigabyte AORUS P850W 80+ GOLD (not replaced)
Storage - 500GB of M.2
Main monitor - Asus TUF VG259QM @ 240hz (DisplayPort) (not replaced)
Second monitor - ZOWIE by BenQ XL2411P @ 144hz (DisplayPort) (not replaced)
3x 120mm case fan
2x 140mm case fan

Aug 14, 2022
you have to reboot with single monitor, then you can see difference
Nah, I have two monitors and when I go to install windows I always use just one monitor and it's still happening. Input lag/delay is happening in desktop/games/bios/windows install. Pretty much whenever I turn on the computer.

Aug 14, 2022
in bios aswell? hmm that points to either hardware interrupts (your CPU)oor your monitor is lagging
Yeah, I don't know what causes it, but in my old rig I have replaced my R7 5800X for R9 5900X and it was still the same, so I sent back the R9 5900X. Now with all new hardware except Power supply it still doing the same thing. My only option now is either replace PSU for 1000W or replace monitors. Because I already tried everything :/.

Aug 14, 2022
Okay so, I bought a new 1000W PSU (Seasonic Focus Plus SSR-1000FX ) and it's still not fixed. I still experience input lag in games/desktop/bios. Slow, unresponsive and inconsistent mouse movements. Once again, all drivers is updated (GPU, Chipsets, BIOS, Sound, etc..).

My only option left is to replace my old 144hz monitor that I didn't change at all. I don't know if older 144hz monitor can cause slow, unresponsive, inconsistent and delayed mouse movement, but I have to try and buy a new monitor and see if it helps.

Dec 8, 2022
Hello, I have exactly the same issue as you, and I also play competitive at high level so I can understand you. Can you give me your discord or twitter so we can talk about it? (I didnt fix it too for more than 2 years xd) but maybe is worth to share information

Aug 14, 2022
Hello, I have exactly the same issue as you, and I also play competitive at high level so I can understand you. Can you give me your discord or twitter so we can talk about it? (I didnt fix it too for more than 2 years xd) but maybe is worth to share information
Sure, I will send u a DM with my discord name

Aug 14, 2022
Update!
Bought a new 360Hz monitor.
Connecting a new monitor didn't work.. Input lag is still happening. There is nothing else for me to try to fix this problem.
Mouse is still floaty, inconsistent and slow. BUT, I noticed one big thing.. I gave my parents my 144hz monitor that I used till today, and the input lag is NOT there! I tried playing csgo, nothing was delayed, mouse was consistent and had crisp movement. So I don't understand it how can my setup have input lag and all these issues and my parents pc don't, although we live in the same apartment and use the same electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS