Question Input Lag in Every Single Game

lilwhatever

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
I've always had issues with input lag. In CS, my game would feel fine, but 10 minutes or so into a game I would notice this strong input lag that only went away if I alt-tabbed in an out. I did this alt-tabbing very frequently so I didn't run into the input lag. Now, I feel the input lag all the time. I'm on the latest nVidia drivers, and rolling back didn't help. I feel this terrible input lag in Fortnite, MW, and Valorant as well. Valorant tells me I have a GPU frame time of around 7-9ms. My FPS is uncapped and goes above my monitor refresh rate of 144hz. What do I do? I even went into my BIOS and tried overclocking and underclocking my CPU and ram with no avail. I set my BCLK to 100, as this was suggested on another forum. I've played around with voltages, RAM timings, boot order, and so much more.

Specs:
GTX 1070
16GB ram @2400mhz
Ryzen 5 1600 @3.4ghz
MSI Tomahawk B350

lilwhatever

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
I tried everything mentioned in that article. No change. In Valorant, the higher my FPS goes (250+) the less input lag I feel and the lower my frame time gets. Why is this so? In a normal game I get around 130-160 FPS, with 7-9ms frame time. V-sync and Fast sync seem to have no effect on it. It feels as if they're always on, except for when my FPS goes really really high, which is almost never. My nVidia control panel is set up to allow no v-sync and the low latency mode is set to ultra.

May 3, 2020
I tried everything mentioned in that article. No change. In Valorant, the higher my FPS goes (250+) the less input lag I feel and the lower my frame time gets. Why is this so? In a normal game I get around 130-160 FPS, with 7-9ms frame time. V-sync and Fast sync seem to have no effect on it. It feels as if they're always on, except for when my FPS goes really really high, which is almost never. My nVidia control panel is set up to allow no v-sync and the low latency mode is set to ultra.
I have literally the same, did you found how to fix it? And what monitor do you use?