Question Input lag - mouse, keyboard and in windows itself not just games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
Hi there, I've had an (input lag) issue for around 3-4 years now and I've tried pretty much everything, from completely new hardware (everything!) to changes in the Bios, drivers, different versions of Windows, graphics options (Nvidia and AMD), removing peripherals then reinstalling, removing various bits of software, registry edits, Windows optimization techniques, uninstalling reinstalling mouse/keyboard drivers AND combinations of these things! and the list goes on. I've also checked the electricity grounding which is apparently fine. I've yet to look at EMI and power conditioning but I simply don't think that's going to work.

If I had to describe the problem, the mouse feels off like floaty at times and my mouse clicks don't always register and this is the same with the keyboard - if I am inputting multiple keystrokes at a time some will simply not register and well when playing games at a high level it just ruins the experience and as I said earlier I replaced all hardware and I'm basically using the best hardware money can buy RX6900XT AMD 5950X Great ram great M2 SSD and PSU is Corsair 1600X. It's unreal how much money and time I've spent on this and I can't even play old games because the animations and input are all slightly off.

If anyone solves this problem I will pay them $500 and that's no lie. It's that frustrating.

Gah!

Reactions: arvenzie

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
What kind of mouse and keyboard are we talking about here?
Wireless or wired? Are there USB hubs somewhere in the loop?
If all the hardware has been swapped out and a fresh Windows install has been done these peripherals might be the cause of your problems.

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
What kind of mouse and keyboard are we talking about here?
Wireless or wired? Are there USB hubs somewhere in the loop?
If all the hardware has been swapped out and a fresh Windows install has been done these peripherals might be the cause of your problems.
All hardware has been replaced including mice and keyboards and still the problem remains. I don't use USB hubs btw.

Appreciate the post though.

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
This is only a forum maybe you just need to find a good recomended PC repair place near you.
It's not broken in that way I mean everything works pretty much as it should to the untrained eye it's all fine but if you're a gamer like me then you notice problems very quickly. Misclicks, floaty feel to mouse and keystrokes not registering, same with mouse clicks.

Oct 9, 2021
Be sure to not oc above 3600mhz for ram and cpu leave it at auto then test.
I replace Mobo it has usb problem from MSi z590 carbon so now bought asus 690 strix it feels much better and snappy .
Don't disable Intel ACPI in bios very important .
Try to install mouse software from razer it can cause issue in all usb from experience and saw 2 guys reporting this issue in reddit.
disable cortana and remove Game Bar complete.
Also SSD with no dram can cause slow loading and maybe some stutter.
Check ram and usb of mobo again.

Jul 6, 2022
Tried all this stuff - as I said I've been though the windows optimization videos. They only change the 'feel' of the problem but the problem remains nonetheless.

Thanks anyway.
Unfortunately it seems like its an electricity issue. You should try to bring you PC to a friends house who doesnt have input lag; or to a tournament/lan if u aint got friends. If the pc wont have input lag at another place ull know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.