Input not supported

babyjane80

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
Hi im on windows 10 .. my son changed the resolution of my monitor to support a game which has now resulted in my screen saying input not supported and i cant get rid of it . I've rebooted about 100+ times and still the same....please help I've got lots of work to do

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order in bios so USB first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
follow this:
After changing the directory to C:\Windows\System32, I typed bcdedit to see what was in there, just curious. Then I typed: Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

Rebooting, the computer stopped at the screen where it allows you to strike F8 for boot options. I had thought I needed to get to Safe Mode and change the screen resolution to, in my case, 1280 x 1024, but I was never able to enter Safe Mode. The same...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order in bios so USB first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
follow this:
After changing the directory to C:\Windows\System32, I typed bcdedit to see what was in there, just curious. Then I typed: Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

Rebooting, the computer stopped at the screen where it allows you to strike F8 for boot options. I had thought I needed to get to Safe Mode and change the screen resolution to, in my case, 1280 x 1024, but I was never able to enter Safe Mode. The same floaty message appeared -- 'input not supported'. I tried F8 a second time and chose "Enable low-resolution video". That did it. I could change the resolution to 1280 x 1024 and go into Windows 10 the next time without choosing a special boot option.

Once you're OK, get to an elevated command prompt (right click its shortcut and choose 'Run as Administrator') and type Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/371392-why-do-i-have-input-not-supported-after-windows-10-install.html

Solution