Input timing not supported by monitor display

leo_assassin

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
Hello, I just assembled my new build. AMD FX 6300 CPU, Corsair value-select 4x2 GB RAM, Asus M5A97 mobo, Zotac GTX 660 GPU...

When I connect my GPU to my DELL monitor, it says " the current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. please change your input timing to 1600x900 @ 60hz or any other monitor listed timing as per monitor specifications."

This message shows without even booting into BIOS. This means I can't interact with the system at all. Would really appreciate all help and suggestions.

I put in my old GPU (nvidia 520gt) that has VGA and it works!! I can get into the bios. My temperatures are cool. But dvi doesn't work on the old or new GPU.. The new one doesn't have VGA. I even tried a dvi to VGA adapter... Still not working. My monitor doesn't have HDMI.

While using DVI onmy old or new GPU, I only get the message mentioned above. I can't get into the BIOS or Advanced Boot Menu.

Please help me out. I'd really appreciate all suggestions. Thanks

leo_assassin

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014

I'm hoping that's the problem and not the monitor. Will try out a new dvi cable as soon as I get my hands on one.

njstat

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
Try pressing F8 on startup and select VGA mode.

When you go into windows it will look blurry but all you have to do is change the screen reselution to 1600x900. Its happened to me before when I first built my PC.