Insanely loud PC. Might be WC AIO pump

Jun 8, 2018
Hi guys, i'm having a lot of problems with my PC lately.
Right now I have a Water 3.0 Thermaltake 360rad wc aio. (Brand new btw. bought it less than a month ago)
Also a EVGA PSU in which the fan won't spin when i'm in idle, the same with my graphics card (MSI GTX 970).
But my problem resides in that eveytime my pc is on, regardless of load or idle it makes a lot of noise. i've already checked if the 3 fans of the radiator where the problem but no, using Gigabyte software I was able to turn them off but the sound persisted. Could it be the pump? I think it has bubbles or something (I've already shaked the radiator. put it in different positions, changed the pump position, but nothing. My temps are fine too)
Can't figure it out. what could be the problem? Also I placed my hear close to the PSU and was hearing the noise significantly louder. Could it be the PSU regardless of having the fan at 0 rpm?

Jun 8, 2018

EVGA 750 GQ. As I said when im in idle the psu fan won't turn on, also I've checked and indeed the fan is not moving

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

This PSU has an Eco mode, which means while switched on, the fan won't activate until the system is at 40% load. Gotta read your documentation!

Jun 8, 2018

Yeah, i know. it's on. it's been on this whole time. i dont understand what youre saying im sorry

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Good luck to you.

I understand what you are saying. You have a loud noise even though you have eliminated the fans as the source.

I can attest that a water pump can create a lot of noise. If you have air in your loop, it can cause the pump to generate a lot of noise. Does the rad have a fill port? Or is it completely closed?

Jun 8, 2018

Completely closed loop

Jun 8, 2018

I don''t know how to describe. It's a constant sound. Not clicky or anything it's just there. Kinda like fans being loud

Jun 8, 2018
After trying some stuff, i pinned it down to the PSU. I don't know what it is. It's kinda like buzzing and coil whine but it happens at idle. The fan is not spinning so that's not it