Insignia 4k firetv help

Nov 28, 2021
Hello, recently my old tv broke and I needed to buy a new one and I got one on black Friday. I got an insignia 55" 4k fire tv from BestBuy. I usest to play Forza on my old tv no problem and now I can't even seem to run it. That is not the reason why I am here, I am trying to change the resolution of the HDMI ports from 4k to 1080p to see if it boosts the fps. I have a good enough HDMI cable to where I know it's not that. I have a 3080, 5800x in my PC so I know my PC can run 4k pretty easily but I can't seem to get the fps above 15. I have changed the Hz to the max which is 60. when it was at 30 I could not get above 7 fps so that increased it but not to where it should be. I have tried many many times to hold the up button and the rewind button for a bunch of seconds so that I can get the secret resolution menu up. I then wait till it says you are currently on 1080p 60Hz and choose it. when I go back and check the info it stays at 4k. what else can I do???

Turn off VSYNC on your PC, in the game menu, it will allow you to run whatever frequency/FPS unrelated to the TV. If you leave VSYNC on, the PC will cap the FPS to match the TV refresh rate. So turn VSYNC off.

Turning off VSYNC will also reduce input latency, less latency is good.

Since you only have a 60hz display, without Freesync/Gsync and turning off vsync, you will get screen tearing which is what VSYNC is designed to solve.

Then you can select whatever resolution you want in the game itself, you can choose 1080p yourself in Forza. No need to mess with the TV settings.

Hello, recently my old tv broke and I needed to buy a new one and I got one on black Friday. I got an insignia 55" 4k fire tv from BestBuy. I usest to play Forza on my old tv no problem and now I can't even seem to run it. That is not the reason why I am here, I am trying to change the resolution of the HDMI ports from 4k to 1080p to see if it boosts the fps. I have a good enough HDMI cable to where I know it's not that. I have a 3080, 5800x in my PC so I know my PC can run 4k pretty easily but I can't seem to get the fps above 15. I have changed the Hz to the max which is 60. when it was at 30 I could not get above 7 fps so that increased it but not to where it should be. I have tried many many times to hold the up button and the rewind button for a bunch of seconds so that I can get the secret resolution menu up. I then wait till it says you are currently on 1080p 60Hz and choose it. when I go back and check the info it stays at 4k. what else can I do???

Many TVs do not have 4k Input on all of the HDMI ports, check the manual. Also not sure how you are trying to change the resolution here, you set it on the computer not the TV. Set the game resolution in the game options.