Insomniac Games Dives Into VR With Oculus-Exclusive 'Edge of Nowhere,' Coming In June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn shame I'd rather have a Vive, the Unspoken has huge potential.

....partly from the spooky thumbnail that led me here, I confused Insomniac games with Frictional games.

Amazon will get a heads up from me if Frictional makes a game in VR, because I'll be ordering sedatives and adult diapers ahead of time.

Zincorium

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
most if not all these VR games are lame extremely lame that you need such high spec machines to run WiiU styled graphical games why is it you need a $600+ GPU to run this garbage come seriously this is just a JOKE rip people off for garbage this isn't VR this is WiiR very very disappointing. None VR games look 100 times better.

VR means the computer has to render 180 frames a second to just get by, where a normal game could be run at 30 frames and still be playable. Even an absolutely kick ass GPU can't suddenly do three to six times the workload, you have to start dialing back polygon counts, texture resolutions, antialiasing, and all the other stuff. That will come back as GPUs gradually get powerful enough to do the necessary framerates and the various graphics upgrades we've gotten used to.

If you seriously can't handle it until then, then don't buy a VR headset. But calling it a joke or garbage just advertises your ignorance on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.