[SOLVED] Inspirion 3670

Aug 18, 2020
So I got the Inspirion 3670 like 2 months ago and it has a mere 290 watt psu. I don't know much about pcs and so I searched and saw you couldn't upgrade the psu but I don't know why. I would like to put a better psu in there and a better gpu if possible.

(Specs)

i5 8400
12 gb RAM (ddr4 don't know the speed)
256 gb ssd (Pretty sure it's nvme but might be sata just saw it in a vid)
290 watt psu (standard dell oem)

Solution
The reason you cant upgrade the PSU is these two reasons: Prebuilts have connectors that can only plug into their specific motherboard (could be resolved if you buy adapters from their port to a standard power connector) Or normal psu's cant fit into the case (very unlikely and if it cant fit then you might have to make the case a Frankenstein machine thing or buy a new case or get a random box and place all of the components on it. Also some prebuilt boards can make you lose functionality if you switch cases or they can also have their own power pins.)

An Ordinary User

Prominent
Sep 25, 2020
The reason you cant upgrade the PSU is these two reasons: Prebuilts have connectors that can only plug into their specific motherboard (could be resolved if you buy adapters from their port to a standard power connector) Or normal psu's cant fit into the case (very unlikely and if it cant fit then you might have to make the case a Frankenstein machine thing or buy a new case or get a random box and place all of the components on it. Also some prebuilt boards can make you lose functionality if you switch cases or they can also have their own power pins.)

Solution