Inspiron 5000 battery questions

1) Does anyone here have a link to the Dell site where I can check out
the prices on a replacement battery for my I5000? Original battery not
doing too well. Even with a "full charge" it dies after about 30 mins.

2) Which should probably be the first question....if not used, does the
battery lose its ability to hold a charge?

TIA

Tom S

"Tom Simchak" <tgslawref@ev1.net> wrote in message
> 1) Does anyone here have a link to the Dell site where I can check out the
> prices on a replacement battery for my I5000? Original battery not doing
> too well. Even with a "full charge" it dies after about 30 mins.
>
> 2) Which should probably be the first question....if not used, does the
> battery lose its ability to hold a charge?
>

> TIA
>
> Tom S

You might also wish to look for a replacement on ebay. There's a full page
of them over there.

Stew

1. dell doesn't appear to sell them anymore. you could call tech support
for a part number and then their spare parts division to order, but you can
also just shop the web for alternate replacements. you also may happen to
have one of the batteries that was part of the recall. if that is the case
then i think you can get a free replacement if the claim period is not yet
over. check this out
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/pressoffice/en/2001/2001_05_03_aus_000?c=us&l=en&s=corp
2. yes. they diminish with age and with use.

"Tom Simchak" <tgslawref@ev1.net> wrote in message
> 1) Does anyone here have a link to the Dell site where I can check out
> the prices on a replacement battery for my I5000? Original battery not
> doing too well. Even with a "full charge" it dies after about 30 mins.
>
> 2) Which should probably be the first question....if not used, does the
> battery lose its ability to hold a charge?
>

> TIA
>
> Tom S

Try www.portablecomputer.com - they are a Compal dealer (the system was made
for Dell by Compal).