Question Install error when trying to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subsonic

Reputable
May 19, 2020
I am using windows 7. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 without losing the files, but on the blue Windows installing screen, I get the error "Windows 10 could not be installed at 30%". I was going to do a clean install, but I have a 4 GB flash drive. I also tried to enter the sources folder of the ISO file and run its setup.exe, but I got the error This upgrade path is not supported.

Lutfij

Titan
"I have a 4 GB flash drive"

You need to source an 8GB/16GB thumb drive to create your bootable installer. Just an FYI, even if you do perform an upgrade, you're going to have to reinstall the OS to rule out a possibility in the OS going belly up.

Last edited:
Reactions: subsonic

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
You need to follow some things to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. you should check that your device has enough space. cause the device requires at least 16 GB of free space to upgrade.
this can be beneficial for you if you download and install any available updates in Windows Update, including software updates, hardware updates, and some third-party drivers.
Make sure that your device is free from third-party drivers and download any updates.
You should unplug every extra hardware and remove all external storage devices such as headphones and drives, docks, and other hardware you might have plugged into your device that isn’t needed for basic functionality.
You should remove third-party security software. Cause that may cause you difficulties upgrading windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS