Install realtek hd audio driver failure

Jonathan_10

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am trying to install the realtek hd audio driver on a computer that just assembled. While I install the realtek hd audio driver, it shows:
Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!!
[Error Code : 0x000000FF]

And after I re-install the driver again, it shows that is installed, and it shows up in "Program and feature", but it doesn't show up in "device manager" at all.

How am I able to fix this?

Solution
Since there is no sign of the device anywhere in Device Manager it seems the device has died, that's why I asked.
Obviously, a dead device cannot be detected by Windows or driver setup, hence the failure error.

You will have to install a PCI sound card.

That's my diagnosis of your problem anyway, others may think differently. Bye.

Jonathan_10

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

There is no error or yellow question mark under Sound, video, and game controllers. The only yellow question mark is on my h80i cooler.
I downloaded the driver from asus website. (my motherboard is Asus X99-a) I have also tried download the driver from realtek website, but it ends up in the same error.

Since there is no sign of the device anywhere in Device Manager it seems the device has died, that's why I asked.
Obviously, a dead device cannot be detected by Windows or driver setup, hence the failure error.

You will have to install a PCI sound card.

That's my diagnosis of your problem anyway, others may think differently. Bye.

Solution