[SOLVED] Install vnc server on win10 pc with broken display

heertz

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
Hey!
Yesterday my vga monitor gave up on life and now I can't use the heavy software required for my online coding classes and I also have some unfinished projects that i didn't push yet.
I don't really have the money to buy a new display right now so I thought about running a vnc server and accessing my desktop from my old laptop (via lan)
The only way I can think of installing a vnc server is using an usb stick with autorun but I can't find how to do it on google ...
Does anyone have an idea?

Solution
Autorun with install options from removable media has been turned off for quite a long time. Same for remote installation, if the target has not been previously prepared.

Practice plugging, selecting the drive, running command etc on that old laptop. Or connect that computer to your TV / borrow monitor. Or bring it to a friend where you can install / configure it.
Autorun with install options from removable media has been turned off for quite a long time. Same for remote installation, if the target has not been previously prepared.

Practice plugging, selecting the drive, running command etc on that old laptop. Or connect that computer to your TV / borrow monitor. Or bring it to a friend where you can install / configure it.

Solution