Question Installation graphic card

Sep 22, 2021
Hi, I just got a new graphic card : gaming z trio geforce rtx 3060 12g. And my precedent graphic card was gtx 1060 6g. So I installed it on my motherboard : 250m mortar. And my computer doesn't detect it. It doesn't even appear in the device manager. Can soemone help me.

thank you

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hi, I just got a new graphic card : gaming z trio geforce rtx 3060 12g. And my precedent graphic card was gtx 1060 6g. So I installed it on my motherboard : 250m mortar. And my computer doesn't detect it. It doesn't even appear in the device manager. Can soemone help me.

thank you
Have you uninstall the old drivers using DDU?
Btw what is the spec of your pc?

Last edited:

tecmo34

Administrator
Can you provide full system specifications, including PSU.

This could be a PSU issue with the difference between the 1060 vs 3060 in power requirements.

I would recommend clearing your CMOS (remove battery for a few minutes) then re-install / boot the PC to see what happens. Sometimes the BIOS does not recognize the changed card so clearing the BIOS settings will allow it to see the card. I agree with @Giant Hunger to do a DDU in safe mode, which you can do with the old 1060.

Sep 22, 2021

This could be a PSU issue with the difference between the 1060 vs 3060 in power requirements.

I would recommend clearing your CMOS (remove battery for a few minutes) then re-install / boot the PC to see what happens. Sometimes the BIOS does not recognize the changed card so clearing the BIOS settings will allow it to see the card. I agree with @Giant Hunger to do a DDU in safe mode, which you can do with the old 1060.
My cpu is :

My PSU is an 650w Antec.
And ok let me do all of that

Sep 22, 2021

But to be honest I think my mothercard can't support this graphic card

Sep 22, 2021

So I test all of what you said and nothing works