[SOLVED] Installation lag and slow running Win10.

sfjake

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I just built a new rig and I'm having problems running Windows 10. The problems persist both in installing it and running it.

During the installation process pressing a button or selecting option from a list is very slow. It might take several seconds before anything happens. Typing things on text fields is also super slow. Text appears several seconds later and correcting typos is basically not possible. I also get errors such as oobesettings something went wrong. After the installation is completed nothing works in Windows 10, I can't open settings, install software etc. And it runs very slow too, start menu takes long time to open. If it opens at all. I´ve tried to run it in safe mode, but I can't get it to open either. Last time it bsoed with errors exfat_filesystem and volmgr error.

I have tried running the rig with only one mem stick and I only have one SSD connected.

Does this sound like problem that could be related to the mobo or to other hardware? Windows is installed on a 9 year old SSD, so could that be the problem? Tho it did run well on my old rig. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MSI B450-A Pro Max (bios MS-7B86 ver. 4.0)
Ryzen 5 2600
2x8gb Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 3466 MHz CL16
Asus GeForce Dual GTX 1660 Ti OC
SSD+HDD
Corsair RM750x

Solution
Got it sorted out with new SSD and fresh Media Creation Tool USB setup. Old SSD seems to be the cause as if it is up and running the whole system turns sluggish and unresponsive.
u can try some basic troubleshooting
disconnect from mainboard as many things u can
reset CMOS settings
keep just psu, cpu, fans, keyboard, usb windows install
so u can POST and boot from windows usb stick
see how that will go
if keyboard will work without delays, then keep connecting to mobo one device at a time

sfjake

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I don´t have that much stuff connected to it. Just the mouse and keyboard and ofcourse the USB stick that I´m trying to reinstall the WIN from.

Nothing seems to help and I also got few error codes now, maybe they imply of something more serious?
0xc0000185 and 0xc00000e9

sfjake

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Got it sorted out with new SSD and fresh Media Creation Tool USB setup. Old SSD seems to be the cause as if it is up and running the whole system turns sluggish and unresponsive.

Solution