Question Installed 1050ti on Prebuilt HP and vga isnt working!

Bd6489

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
I got a nee Gpu (1050ti) for my pre built desktop Hp elite the biggest model. But when install I have no signal on my vga monitor. I have my vga cable still connected to my monitor. I havent got a hdmi monitor yet.

Whats the solution? Did I do something wrong?

Also your 240 watt PSU is not really good for a 1050Ti, and an OEM motherboard may not run the card even with a better PSU, some have a wattage limit on the PCIe slot lower than the spec allows. Just the card on it's own can draw 75watts, if the PCIe slot can't provide that, system will crash.

Bd6489

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
Also your 240 watt PSU is not really good for a 1050Ti, and an OEM motherboard may not run the card even with a better PSU, some have a wattage limit on the PCIe slot lower than the spec allows. Just the card on it's own can draw 75watts, if the PCIe slot can't provide that, system will crash.

I was under the impression that the low end GPUs such as 1050ti was good for my prebuilt. There are people on Youtube who have similar specs that run this card.

I was under the impression that the low end GPUs such as 1050ti was good for my prebuilt. There are people on Youtube who have similar specs that run this card.

First thing you need to do is connect the monitor to the video card, then you will see if card is working. Most systems disable onboard video when there is an add on card installed.

I would never put in a gaming card in a system with a 240 watt power supply, Youtube videos or no.

Bd6489

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
First thing you need to do is connect the monitor to the video card, then you will see if card is working. Most systems disable onboard video when there is an add on card installed.

I would never put in a gaming card in a system with a 240 watt power supply, Youtube videos or no.

I guess I'll have to get a proper monitor for the gpu first. Ideally I would prefer to be gaming on a mid range gaming pc but Im on a budget. All the benchmarks with similar specs to my build i've seen is enough to satisfy me for a year or two till I can upgrade.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If it's the biggest one, it might be the mini-tower, which would probably be the 320W PSU.

Best bet is to take a clear picture of the label on the PSU, so we know what its maximum power output is, and how much power is available on the 12V rails.

Bd6489

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
If it's the biggest one, it might be the mini-tower, which would probably be the 320W PSU.

Best bet is to take a clear picture of the label on the PSU, so we know what its maximum power output is, and how much power is available on the 12V rails.

I think you might be right it says 320w max. My bad I thought it was much lower. Whoops.

Reactions: King_V