Question Installed 32gb ram, 16gb working

Oct 2, 2022
Hello, I recently bought a new PC and it came with 16gb of ram saying it was upgradable to 32gb. I bought a Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 2x16 pack. My sticks are plugged in correctly as the sticks' LEDs are going fine. The old 8gb sticks still work as well. Not sure what else I can give so here's some info on my pc: Please help. Thank you in advance for any advice.

R1vkKlt.png

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Mixing ram hardly works well, ever more so on Ryzen. Screenshot from cpuz memory and of spd might help your chances with revealing more info but still you're at the mercy of mixed ram conundrums because Ryzen can be stubborn with 4 dimms. 2x 16GB would be better as a kit but 16GB is usually enough for most tasks.

Reactions: JJefferson
Oct 2, 2022
I'm not sure I mixed ram. I have 2 sticks of the Corsair and don't have the original two sticks in any longer. If that's what you mean. I also only see two slots to put in sticks of ram.

The 16 from Corsair seems to be working a lot smoother than the 16 from the prebuilt pc as well so 16 may be enough for me.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok, thought i read something else sorry. Try reseat ram but switch them around. Push down on them and with bit of wiggle. Think your motherboard has 4 ram slots, checking that they go in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu, these are the primary slots.