Installed GPU, But NO Display

SCtheLegend17

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016
Hi, I recently got a new power supply ( corsair vs400) and whenever I put in my gpu ( r7 250 1gb gddr5) I get no display. I can see the gpu fan spinning and all the other necessary components working, but I can never get a display. I tried putting the VGA connector from my monitor on the gpu , but it still no display. I even tried using a dvi to hdmi from a different monitor and still it didnt work. However, whenever I use my onboard intel hd sandy bridge graphics my pc runs fine.

Also, here are my specs if they will help.

Cpu: Pentium G870 Sandy Bridge
Gpu: Asus R7 250 1gb gddr5
Mobo: Gigabyte H61m DS2H
Psu: Corsair vs400

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Did this happen at the same time you replaced your PSU? If so, what happened with your old PSU, did it die?

It seems that either the new PSU isn't good for the graphics card (which is unlikely as the card gets it's power from the motherboard). OR, if the old PSU died, it may've damaged either the graphics card or the motherboard.

SCtheLegend17

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016

Hi, my old psu was working fine but it just made a lot of noise, so I decided to replace it. However, it worked perfectly fine and I never really had any issues with it other than the fact that it was loud. Also, even with my old psu I had the same problem whenever I put my gpu in.
Anyways, thank you