Installed New CPU Now No Display

Jun 30, 2018
So, a friend told me about how I needed a new processor to run games above 7 FPS. I bought the stuff for it and installed it and then there was no display.

It turns out that both my friend nor the internet tutorial mentioned how you need to update your BIOS first so I reinstall the old processor to update it. It doesn't display with the old one either.

So how do you update the BIOS without being able to see the screen? Also, I'd love to access my program that tells me all of the specs of my computer...but guess what? I can't do that because it doesn't work.

Jun 30, 2018

I have no idea I had someone else choose it because I can't tell processor types. I was told the old one was 2.5 Ghz and th e new one is 5 Ghz.

I've also tried to find the CMOS before, looked up screenshots, where it's supposed to be, and so far I still haven't found it. (I looked up even more videos and none of them look anything like mine, when referring to the CMOS)

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
That is kind of a jump, the newest chip is almost 5GHz, and a 2.5 is old. Hopefully this isn't a cross generation problem. It should not have allowed you to install it properly if a 8086K was dropped into a G2020T system for instance.

The CMOS is a jumper with 3 pins. There is a plastic block covering the pins. You will know its the CMOS because it will say "CMOS" directly above or below the pins.

To trip the CMOS you turn off the pc. Remove the plastic block on the CMOS and move it over 1 pin so the next two pins are covered with the block. You start the PC. Turn off the pc, then put the plastic block over the original 2 pins. Start pc.

Jun 30, 2018

I've looked through the entire thing multiple times for over an hour. I'm only sure of two things right now. 1. My PC doesn't display properly. 2. There is absolutely no "CMOS" labeling anywhere inside of my computer.

I have been told my PC is unique before. Is it possible that there is no CMOS? I've even taken things that could block my view out of it, that way I could see the entire board.

mayaruth04

Proper
Apr 14, 2018
Another way to clear cmos is to find the big battery on the mother board and take it out for 5 minutes. Then put it back in. Make sure everything is unplugged, keyboard, mouse,etc. Also make sure the power switch is off and the power plug is out, to get rid of leftover electricity.