Installed new CPU which cause boot loops

oliverschurmann

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
I ordered a q9400 and just installed it into my motherboard but when I start my computer it goes straight into a boot loop, I tested my PC again with the old CPU and it works fine, I have a good enough psu and my motherboard supports the CPU.
I already checked for bent pins are there aren't any.

Here my specs if you need it.
DIG43L/agreyhound motherboard
3x2 GB ddr3 Samsung 1333mhz ram
GTX 1050ti
320gb HDD

Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Solution
Well it's either dead, the pins are bent. Or the BIOS thats on it now doesnt support the Q9400

Only way to find out if the CPU works, is install it on another socket 775 system. If it works, then the Acer BIOS (if there are no BIOS updates) maybe the prob

That CPU is the same one I brought on Alixpress a few weeks ago for $19.75. Didnt think it would work, since it's used. But it works fine.
Recommend to check your MB BIOS version with your old CPU, then go to the manufacturer to check the MB cpu support list. And you will know which BIOS can support the q9400. I guess either the MB does not have the right BIOS, or the cpu has problem.

oliverschurmann

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
I'll give those a shot then but the problem is that my motherboard was from a prebuilts I took out but on the manual is says it supports core 2 quad and I can't find a bios update for it.

Well it's either dead, the pins are bent. Or the BIOS thats on it now doesnt support the Q9400

Only way to find out if the CPU works, is install it on another socket 775 system. If it works, then the Acer BIOS (if there are no BIOS updates) maybe the prob

That CPU is the same one I brought on Alixpress a few weeks ago for $19.75. Didnt think it would work, since it's used. But it works fine.

Solution