Question Installed new GPU and now every game crashes

Dec 1, 2022
This morning I just got and installed my new ZOTAC RTX 3060ti amp white edition from Newegg and now every game I play crashes within 2 minutes of playing. I tried searching for solutions and have attempted a few but nothing has fixed the issue. I am monitoring the GPU temp while I'm playing and I have never seen it go past low 70 degrees C which is what my old working GPU would hover around too. I uninstalled the old drivers and installed the new drivers when swapping GPUs. A new driver actually was released a few hours ago while I was looking for solutions but updating to that one didn't help. I updated my BIOS to the latest version. My PSU is a corsair RM 750x 80 gold so I hope that's not the issue. The only other solution I saw that I haven't attempted is doing a reset install of Windows 10 (my PC can't currently do Windows 11 because of not having TPM I think?). I wouldn't mind trying a clean install of Windows 10 but it just seems like a real hassle so I figured I would see if anyone has some insight on what a possible reason for the issue could be. I will list my PC specs below. Thank you guys.

CPU: i7-9700k
GPU: RTX 3060ti zotac white ed.
Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3200MHz DDR4
PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80 gold
MB: Gigabyte Aorus Pro
SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb

Dec 1, 2022
Hey there,

Did you clear CMOS after the bios update? if not, do that and let us know.

Use DDU to uninstall and reinstall the GPU drivers.
Hey thank you for responding and trying to help, I appreciate that. I used DDU to do a clean wipe and install of the new drivers and also cleared CMOS but the problem still persists. I'm not sure where to go from here.

What temps are your CPU and GPU hitting under load?

What power plan are you running? Try High/Ultimate like this:

Type the following into powershell

High Performance: powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
Ultimate Performance: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
Power saver: powercfg -duplicatescheme a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a
Balanced: powercfg -duplicatescheme 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e

Do not change or amend existing power plans, just enter these above in powershell, press enter, and the select the different ones to see if anything changes.