Question Installed new Graphics card and Power supply

Jan 8, 2023
Hello all,

looking for some help with my pc, installed new graphics card and power supply today, computer boots no problem and I have updated the drivers, however while browsing the web or running other tasks I occasionally get flickering and then black screen and sometimes it will flicker and then freeze.
PC spec:
AMD FX-6300 Six Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
ASUS® SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/Sli)
8GB Corsair Memory
Asus TUF Gaming 550W 80 Plus Bronze power supply
Asus Radeon RX6600 Dual 8GB GDDR6 GPU

I did notice that my cpu was constantly going above 80% usage while just browsing. I have got an 8 core processor to go in, but just waiting on thermal paste. Will this likely be the problem or is there anything else to try?

Thank you all for your help

Kane

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Older CPU's spike bad with chrome in my experience (FX8320 or A series GPU's in my experience)

Flickering is usually a driver issue people can experience more with AMD cards. (google it). Some people change drivers, uninstall the AMD bloatware or roll back to a previous driver for more stability.

AMD in my experience has always had "worse" drivers than Nvidia. They do keep improving them over time though. (not an AMD hater, just stating facts from my experiences and others I know).

Jan 8, 2023
Using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode, you should remove the old driver and install it again. When changing hardware is always a good practice to do a clean driver install.
Will try this later today and for future hardware changes, thank you for the help and will let you know if all is sorted later.