[SOLVED] Installed new m.2 and now I ge "reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key"

Greenmorpheus

Reputable
May 9, 2019
So, I've recently got a second m.2 drive for my PC. I do alot of gaming, capturing and video editing for the family. I have a total of 6 drives on my pc. One hdd for os, two sdd for gaming, another hdd for video storage and now two M.2s. I installed the first m.2 a few weeks ago with no problems, now after installing my second one last night I am met with the "reboot" message. I've gone into the BIOS but I'm really not sure how exactly to change things in the BIOS. I've read online about something called the priority of the drives but when I look for the drives in BIOS I only see 3 rather than 6. If I'm doing something silly and not seeing it let me know please.
MoBo - asrock microATX B450M pro4
cpu - Ryzen 7 2700x
m.2 - crucial P2 1 tb 3d NAND NDMe PCIe (x2)
HDD - white label (this has the os on it)(I'm not sure what the other hdd is since I pulled it from an old pc I've had, this one holds my video files)
SSD - Kingston a400 sata (x2)
PSU - EVGA 650bq, 80+ bronze 650w
can add pics is needed when I'm off work

Solution
So basically there would be no way for me to have all my existing drives all together. I would have to remove either the hdd in sata 3 or the M.2. thanks for bringing it to my attention @USAFRet.
Or, put the M.2 drive in a PCIe slot and adapter.

I had to do exactly that.
6x SATA drives already existing, I got a great deal on an Intel 660p.
Using the M.2 port would have disable 1 or 2 SATA ports. Not acceptable.

So, the 660p is in a PCIe adapter.
Result? 7x physical drives. (parts list below)

USAFRet

Titan
So basically there would be no way for me to have all my existing drives all together. I would have to remove either the hdd in sata 3 or the M.2. thanks for bringing it to my attention @USAFRet.

Solution

Greenmorpheus

Reputable
May 9, 2019

So if I add the adapter I would still have leave that slot for the M.2 empty? I guess this is the better route since I do not have plans for the other GPU slot. Thanks for this, I had no clue that the adapter even existed