Question Installed new major hardware and keep getting crashes and BSODs

Mar 7, 2021
Hey, so recently I upgraded my cpu and motherboard from an intel i7 6700k Skylake(the motherboard was a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Motherboard) and switched to a Ryzen amd 7 5800x with a Rog Strix B550-f gaming (wi-fi) paired with a 3070 with both old and new specs.
I watched countless videos to make sure I had installed windows correctly and made sure there wasn't any trace of old intel files so it wouldn't mess up the new amd files for the operating system. Everything booted up just fine until I started up Call Of Duty Cold War I got a BSOD, I waited for it to restart played the game again and got a direct12x crash then I tried Call Of Duty Warzone and got another dirext12x crash, I tried both of these games multiple times and same crash. Then I played Halo MCC with my friends and zero problems that night and at first I thought maybe there's a difference with the applications you run the game with like Steam and Battle.net. Next day I turned on my computer and got these weird black screens then comes back on it didn't even say that the display port was discounted or anything like that just a black screen then comes right back on, turned my pc off turned it back on then I kept getting black screens multiple times. turned on everything including the power supply booted it back up got to home screen and got another BSOD then I tried to play Doom Eternal and got a total of 4 crashes 2 of them were just loading up the game and the other 2 was just playing the game. At that point I just gave up and just looked up solutions. I uninstalled the gpu's drivers and reinstalled them and it really didn't do anything and 2 days go by when I tried to launch discord and google chrome and got a BSOD, that's when I just said screw it and reinstalled windows again, did the same process made absolutely sure there wasn't any old files updated my drivers and all that and booted up Call of Duty Warzone and yet again direct12x crash but I tired a game called Ghostrunner and it gives you the option to play it direct12x mode or direct11x mode, I tried direct12x and sure enough it crashed but switched to direct11x and no crash. So out of all of that here's what's been happening, some games get a direct12x crash, some games will just crash, random black screens, and random BSODs. I looked up solutions again and found that direct12x is "buggy" and if you experience crashes run the game in direct11x which seemed to work in the game Ghostrunner I mentioned above, and I read that if you have faulty ram you can experience basically what I'm experiencing right now, I checked my ram though in Windows Memory Diagnostic and it said no problems were detected. So far I came to the conclusion that some drivers for my GPU are corrupt or messed up, the GPU is messed up, direct12x is buggy, ram is faulty even though windows says its not, the motherboard is faulty, or somethings wrong with the operating system. Note my old specs at the time I had a EVGA 1070 FTW and had zero problems then had a 2060 rtx and had no problems and even when I switched to the Rog 3070 rtx I had zero problems until I switched my Motherboard and cpu. If there's anyone here that can say or give me solutions to fix this or tell me the ram is faulty or the motherboard or had a similar experience please let me know I am out of ideas and I really want to utilize this 3070 with a Ryzen 7 5800x.

USAFRet

Titan
yes everything, including the gpu's drivers I'm not sure if deleting the gpu's drivers was necessary but I did it anyways.
Not simply 'drivers'...I mean ALL data that was on the drive.
All partitions, and continuing with a blank drive.

Mar 7, 2021
Not simply 'drivers'...I mean ALL data that was on the drive.
All partitions, and continuing with a blank drive.

I just googled what you meant, if you mean like going into disk management and pretty much doing the whole process in the video im seeing right now (wiping all the data) no I didn't, I wiped the data in the drive through the bios after booting it up the first time, then the second time I just choose the windows option where it ask if you want to delete all the data in the drivers that are connected.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
After changing mobo and all that you want to do a clean install. Reformat all your drives in disk utility (other than your boot drive). Then, download the windows install media onto a flashdrive and boot into it in the bios. Select your boot drive in the install screen and click install. It's annoying (and you should def backup any files you want first) but its prob needed

Mar 7, 2021
drivers =/= drives.

During the install, you selected "Custom"?
And deletes ALL existing partitions, continuing on with a completely blank drive?

In the above link, Section II, Step 6 & 7.
yes I did that whole process, clicked custom and deleted all the drives exactly like steps 6 and 7.

Mar 7, 2021
After changing mobo and all that you want to do a clean install. Reformat all your drives in disk utility (other than your boot drive). Then, download the windows install media onto a flashdrive and boot into it in the bios. Select your boot drive in the install screen and click install. It's annoying (and you should def backup any files you want first) but its prob needed
I did all of that besides backing up files I didn't want any trace for files that might contain old intel files.