Question Installed new MB, when clicking "shut down" it keeps running with power button on and won't load windows if I turn it on after

emilfrolund

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Hi,

I recently installed a new Motherboard. I had a BM85-G before and now I have Asrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0.

I made a fresh install of windows on my SSD by deleting the partitions and installing windows on the SSD.

If I restart the computer it starts up just fine, but if I shut it down it keeps the lights on the power button and it doesnt turn off. If i then hold down the power button and turn it off that way it cannot boot windows.

If I choose the boot order option and choose my SSD it doesn't boot, it seems like there is nothing to boot with a blinking _

If I put my USB with the windows UEFI installer into the PC and boot from that, as if I want to install windows again, and then choose "repair" and then choose "continue to windows" then it works perfectly fine.

When the PC is on I can see that the files are installed correctly on my SSD - it is not installed on the USB.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? False wiring or something completely different? I really hope there is a solution to this :)

Thanks in advance!

emilfrolund

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
After installing MB drivers and windows updates it can turn on after being forced turned off, but it still can't turn off properly. Any idea how do fix this would be much appreciated!