installed new mother board and now i can't install new windows

jihyungchun

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
hey guys!
So i had to upgrade my motherboard (same chip) and once it was upgraded, i backed up all the files (even though windows kept crashing) and then i've formatted the computer to reinstall windows 8.
Once completed, i've went through all the windows updates until one of the update somehow caused an error and the computer wouldn't get past the loading screen. After giving it few hours and trying to restore to last known condition, i decided to format it again.
Then i placed the windows 8 CD, but this time the computer took very very long time to load the installation screen and even longer trying to delete the partition with the broken windows. Then after failing once or twice, it did delete it but now i can't create a new partition to actually install the windows... It keeps saying there was an error and it couldn't' create a new partition.
Does anybody know where i should go from here?
Thanks

kaymeer

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015

How old is your Hard Drive? :/

jihyungchun

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
It's about a year or so old? I have a samsung ssd 500gb pro.
I'm trying to reinstall it now, but even the bios is booting up super slow and now I'm stuck with the "set up is starting" losing screen for Windows installation