Installed new motherboard cant boot into windows

Apr 27, 2018
I installed a new motherboard on power up at first it would just keep looping trying to repair now im able to get to the login screen however when i enter in my password and hit enter it freezes and goes to a screen that states "You'r Windows insider bild ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then well restart for you" Stop code: System service Exception.

I would also like to mention that at one point i was able to log in with no issue how ever only my keyboard was able to get power and not my mouse.

Solution

Boot from your install media, start the install process, wipe the drive as you proceed.

Assuming Windows 10, this:
How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

Kissmyne

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
Did you have a different mobo in it before? Have you tried reinstalling Windows? Windows installs don't always play nice with running on different mobos with different feature sets, a reinstall may be a good idea so it grabs the correct drivers/chipset software.

On another note if your mobo is having issues sending current to your peripherals you may want to do some H/W testing to make sure the mobo isn't faulty..

Apr 27, 2018

Ive been trying to wipe my hard drive so i can reinstall it, however i keep getting the error. Ive tried using a repair windows disc however it says that it cant use the partition for some reason. Is there another way to reinstall windows.

USAFRet

Titan

Boot from your install media, start the install process, wipe the drive as you proceed.

Assuming Windows 10, this:
How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

Solution

When you do a fresh install of Windows, you have the option of saving files. But a regular fresh install (without using that option) will wipe the rest of the drive (assuming that there is a single partition).

If you want a more secure wipe of the drive, you can remove the drive and connect it to another computer and format it on that system. You can even shred the drive space.

Apr 27, 2018

Hi this is what comes up when i try to do a fresh install. https://i.imgur.com/5STkJTY.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Jf6rQRa.jpg

That's wrong. Windows OS drive requires separate partitions for bootloader, recovery partitions, reserved partitions. If you make a single partition occupying all the available space, none of those extra partitions can be created.
And you'll see something like this:
hqdefault.jpg

USAFRet

Titan

Starting with a single partition, the install will create what it needs.
The user does NOT have to manually create those.

Windows recreates those reserved partitions as needed. Exactly as if it were a brand new drive.

R0GG

Distinguished