Installed new motherboard, getting No Signal on monitor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CalvinRJ

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2014
Hey people, I was having a problem after installing a new PSU and GPU where I would get No Signal on my monitor, and I messed about with it for hours and thought, I'll just try reverting everything back to how it was. But I was still getting the No Signal message on my monitor. So after a few days of seeking help I came to the conclusion my motherboard was busted, went and bought the exact same one (ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3) and installed it this morning. Annnnd I still get the No Signal message even when not connected via HDMI from the Video Card ( EVGA GTX 960) and connecting through the motherboard itself. Please help me, I've been without my computer for too long now.

Solution
Okay the RAM isn't seated properly, both clips should snap into position the in cutout's of the RAM.
What Motherboard do you have and what RAM have you got?
It could be that your motherboard is DDR2 and your trying to insert DDR3.
Can also be a cause of Speeds but different speeds wont change the size of the RAM.

Jason

Joshua_32

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
That's odd, should work. This is the new motherboard correct? If I was you I'd put the old motherboard back in and see if the onboard works, chances are it was fine. the no signal wouldve been because lack of power to gpu/no drivers(gtx960) and when a gpu is installed typically the motherboard disables onboard video. test old motherboard onboard with no bios/gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.