Installed new Motherboard, SSD wont progress past Windows Loading screen and crashes

fazdaspaz

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I just put in a new CPU and motherboard, everything went ok, but now when I am trying to start the computer back up, it will pass bios and go to the windows is loading screen but freeze for a second as soon as it displays, then restart the computer.

After the restart it will go to the windows start up repair page, I attempted it but it still wont work.

I am afraid I somehow killed the SSD, is there anything I can do to reset it? or maybe I need to do something in the motherboard BIOS?
I just don't want to have to buy a new one AND lose all my data, if anyone can assist me it would be great.

The SSD is an intel 530 120gb and the mother board was an MSI B85-G43 Gaming motherboard.

Solution
Is the new motherboard also an MSI B85-G43 Gaming and is the SATA controller configured in IDE, AHCI or RAID mode? I presume the system crashes with error 0x0000007B; setting the controller in IDE mode should the system to boot. Then make the required OS modifications to enable the AHCI and/or RAID drivers at boot time.
Is the new motherboard also an MSI B85-G43 Gaming and is the SATA controller configured in IDE, AHCI or RAID mode? I presume the system crashes with error 0x0000007B; setting the controller in IDE mode should the system to boot. Then make the required OS modifications to enable the AHCI and/or RAID drivers at boot time.

Solution