[SOLVED] Installed new PS, but I have a problem

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
I just installed my semi module PS...and followed up connecting what some say are the 2 most important connections...the 24 pin to the MB and the CPU 8pin. Some one told me that there really is 3 most important connections, but don't know what it is....anyone? Aside from that , i need to connect 1 Sata HD and 1 SSD HD, and a sata DVD. Now the problem or confusion. My MB ( A88X-Pro ) shows an area where one connects a cable for the USB 3.0 port. I don't know if the PS has such a cable. Does this mean all the years i had this MB and used the 3.0 slot, I wasn't getting real 3.0 power?

Solution
I just installed my semi module PS...and followed up connecting what some say are the 2 most important connections...the 24 pin to the MB and the CPU 8pin. Some one told me that there really is 3 most important connections, but don't know what it is....anyone? Aside from that , i need to connect 1 Sata HD and 1 SSD HD, and a sata DVD. Now the problem or confusion. My MB ( A88X-Pro ) shows an area where one connects a cable for the USB 3.0 port. I don't know if the PS has such a cable. Does this mean all the years i had this MB and used the 3.0 slot, I wasn't getting real 3.0 power?

USB 3.0 port on the motherboard is for a USB 3.0 port on your case. If your case has USB 3.0, there should be a cable that plugs into that header.

USB 3.0 port on the motherboard is for a USB 3.0 port on your case. If your case has USB 3.0, there should be a cable that plugs into that header.

Solution

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
Now, i am having a problem with my New PS sata power connectors. After 6 years away from MB technology, I am confronted with sata power connectors. I have been trying to connect that cable to 2 HD's and a DVD. I have no problem with sata data connection, but the power ones are a different story. I know from what I've seen or read about one end has a cutout that has to match in order to make a connection, but i found that merely miss's a complete insertion. After about an hour i finally gave up trying. Is it possible that there is a flaw in the production of that cable? MY PS is a semi modular unit and store brand ( MicroCenter) so i removed it from the PS to see if it would make it easier to make the connections and like I said, one end of the conn. will just miss being able to be fully pushed in.

Now, i am having a problem with my New PS sata power connectors. After 6 years away from MB technology, I am confronted with sata power connectors. I have been trying to connect that cable to 2 HD's and a DVD. I have no problem with sata data connection, but the power ones are a different story. I know from what I've seen or read about one end has a cutout that has to match in order to make a connection, but i found that merely miss's a complete insertion. After about an hour i finally gave up trying. Is it possible that there is a flaw in the production of that cable? MY PS is a semi modular unit and store brand ( MicroCenter) so i removed it from the PS to see if it would make it easier to make the connections and like I said, one end of the conn. will just miss being able to be fully pushed in.

No. You're just doing something wrong.

Make sure you're plugging it in with the correct orientation:
p_190516_09315.jpg