Installed new ram but pc keeps turning off and on!!

Oct 31, 2018
Hi there I have recently brought new ram that is the same as my current ram Corsair 4gb ddr3. However when i try to install it my pc turns on and then turns off repeatedly, But it works with the 4gb ram that came with my pc. Please help!!

Solution
Are you saying that with the original stick, it works. And that you are adding this second stick in along side the original and it doesn't?
If so, then clearly the RAM doesn't want to work together.

Might also be that the stick is bad, or maybe the slot.

Use the new stick by itself in the A1 slot to make sure it works by itself.

If it does, then proceed to plug it into the B1 slot and see if the system boot loops.

If so, then it's the slot on the motherboard that's bad.

If not, then it's simply that the two sticks don't work together.

Also, doesn't matter if you buy the exact same make/model of RAM as what you have.
Because if they didn't come together in a kit, they are not guaranteed by the manufacturer to work together.
No RAM...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Are you saying that with the original stick, it works. And that you are adding this second stick in along side the original and it doesn't?
If so, then clearly the RAM doesn't want to work together.

Might also be that the stick is bad, or maybe the slot.

Use the new stick by itself in the A1 slot to make sure it works by itself.

If it does, then proceed to plug it into the B1 slot and see if the system boot loops.

If so, then it's the slot on the motherboard that's bad.

If not, then it's simply that the two sticks don't work together.

Also, doesn't matter if you buy the exact same make/model of RAM as what you have.
Because if they didn't come together in a kit, they are not guaranteed by the manufacturer to work together.
No RAM is created equal, due to the way it's made in the manufacturing process, modules are never identical and that's why they sell them in kits where they've gone through the process themselves of testing the modules to make sure they work together.

If both sticks work separately in every slot on the motherboard, but just not together, then try doing a CMOS reset.

Solution