Question Installed new Ram, PC will not start. Just cycles continuously.

Sep 8, 2019
Recently decided to upgrade my computer's ram. Currently running two Corsair Vengeance 4gb DDR4 2400mhz sticks. Tried to remove old ones and upgrade to two Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR4 2400mhz sticks. After new sticks are installed and I try to startup, computer just boot loops. The monitor never gets to turning on and I have not been able to enter BIOS at all. After thinking that maybe the sticks were faulty, I returned old ones and got two new ones that are identical but I still have the same problem. Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming 5. Thank you for any help.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
The exact same thing happened to me when the RAM wasn't seated properly. I tried reinstalling the RAM a few times but still didn't work. Later found out that I had to press even harder(and equally on both sides) to get it seated properly. I hope this helps.
But don't press tooooo hard. Press harder and try go to boot, if it doesn't work, try pressing a little harder and equally on both sides until the hooks automatically attach themselves to the RAM sticks. And do not that the RAM may need to be oressed more even after the hook is seated.
(But don't go as far as to damage your motherboard)