Question Installed nvme drive from lenovo T14 on desktop

Robust code

Prominent
Oct 6, 2021
I have a Lenovo laptop with the default drive in it and a pc tower with 3 slots possible for nvme drive (motherboard is Z390).
I want to install my drive from my laptop onto my pc because the pc has more ram, a gpu, and a better cpu. The pc does not recognise the nvme tho and I don't know how to fix that. My next step is to plug it back in the laptop to see if I broke it. I will keep you posted on this but any suggestions is appriciated.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Robust code

Prominent
Oct 6, 2021
Just to clarify: I get nothing on my pc indicating a drive has been plugged in. I turned off my pc, plugged the new drive, turned it on, and it boots to debian and no sign of the windows drive from the laptop.

Robust code

Prominent
Oct 6, 2021
asus prime Z390
I don't know the specific nvme drive but the cpu on the laptop is i7 and desktop is i9.

I unplugged the gpu from the desktop and turned it on, it booted and recognised the drive but now I plugged it back in, and it doesn't anymore. So I tried to plug it out again but now it still doesn't recognise it :/

USAFRet

Titan
asus prime Z390
I don't know the specific nvme drive but the cpu on the laptop is i7 and desktop is i9.

I unplugged the gpu from the desktop and turned it on, it booted and recognised the drive but now I plugged it back in, and it doesn't anymore. So I tried to plug it out again but now it still doesn't recognise it :/
Specifics matter. All of it.
Also, what M.2 port on the desktop motherboard?