Installed Windows 10 on Disk 1 which is SSD, but System reserved partition on Disk 0 (which is HDD)

Jan 2, 2019
Hi,

I build by first PC myself, which has
- 250GB SSD
- 3TB HDD.
The SSD is shown as Disk 1, and HDD is shown as Disk 0.

My problem is that, I installed Windows 10 to Disk 1 SSD, but System reserved Partition (350mb) is created in Disk 0 HDD, thus making the HDD format to be NTFS. And since NTFS supports only 2 TB, I am not able to fully allocate my 3TB HDD, which is Disk 0.
Since this is my fresh new build, can you guys please suggest the ideal solution for this ?

I want windows installed on same drive as the System reserved partition is created - on my 250GB SSD.

Please find snapshot here: https://imgur.com/gallery/c3rtcX0

Solution
1. Disconnect HDD,
2. Boot from windows installation media,
3. Clean SSD with diskpart,
4. Install windows on SSD,
5. Connect HDD
6. Clean HDD and convert to GPT
7. Create single large partition on HDD and format it.

You can't allocate all the space on HDD because of MBR partitioning scheme. It needs to be GPT.
And has nothing to do with NTFS.

Tumeden

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Easiest solution since it's a new build is to format both drives and reinstall windows fully on the SSD. If i read incorrectly and already have a bunch of games and data on those drives, there's no simple solution that i can think of at this time.

1. Disconnect HDD,
2. Boot from windows installation media,
5. Connect HDD
6. Clean HDD and convert to GPT
7. Create single large partition on HDD and format it.

You can't allocate all the space on HDD because of MBR partitioning scheme. It needs to be GPT.
And has nothing to do with NTFS.

Solution
Jan 2, 2019

Thanks a lot SkyNetRising. Just one more thing. Is this the way , you referrring to -
- By this, you mean , running diskpart.exe during Windows setup screen ? and clean the SSD

Yes, exactly.

rtaImage

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005929en