Installed windows 10 technical preview

m99gc

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I installed windows 10 technical preview on my new system with nothing loaded on it before... i don't know if this affects anything. I now don't know how to uninstall it and i tried the way that it says online by holding shift when you restart computer and doing the troubleshoot thing, but it didn't do anything. I just want to get my ssd clean and empty before i download linux.
never had an os on the ssd before so not sure how the windows 10 technical preview worked

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Most Linux installation media will allow you to format or wipe the drive during the installation routine. I am not sure if you will be able to change the drive between partitioning schemes (GPT vs MBR), but you may need to ensure it is in the correct format before proceeding with the Linux installation.

An alternative to third party utilities would be to make a USB recovery drive within Windows, then to open an command prompt, launch diskpart, and clean the drive.

Dec 5, 2014
Boot into the Linux installer and delete all of your partitions, should do it.
4GB is plenty to install Linux (or any OS really). I mean DVDs are only 4.7GB.

In the installer there will be an option to wipe the drive and clean install Linux, just do that and you're good to go, the installer will do it all for you.