[SOLVED] Installed windows 11 via wintohdd in other drive, when on boot windows 11, windows 10 in my m.2 ssd is unbootable suddenly...

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
Installed windows 11 via wintohdd in other drive, when on boot windows 11 I go on setup and settings works nicely, when on to reboot to my m.2 ssd with windows 10 installed
, windows 10 in my m.2 ssd is unbootable suddenly... it boot up to recover but it doesnt detect my windows 10 installation, i tried unplugging all my other drive execpt m.2 ssd, remain same,
please help my windows 10 is my main os. it is a efi windows 10

Solution
having not heard of it before - https://www.easyuefi.com/wintohdd/index.html

did you remove the win 10 install when you run the program? it normally helps to remove other drives when installing windows as if it finds another EFI, it will add itself to it instead of remaking one.

but im still not sure since my other windows 11 has efi partition on it.
was win 10 present when you installed on 11? or is that the result of running the program?

I haven't tried to dual boot win 10 & 11. it should work, the win 11 installer should realize its not win 10 and not change the boot info.
'But that is what sounds like has happened here.

if this is all the result of running that program, did you ask on their support as it caused...

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
as i know it happen because of Windows setup found the EFI System Partition on my existing m.2 windows 10 and somehow used it anyone know how to fix it? i would like to remove that one which i think linked to windows 11. i want to linked it to windows 10 only

Colif

Win 11 Master

did you remove the win 10 install when you run the program? it normally helps to remove other drives when installing windows as if it finds another EFI, it will add itself to it instead of remaking one.

but im still not sure since my other windows 11 has efi partition on it.
was win 10 present when you installed on 11? or is that the result of running the program?

I haven't tried to dual boot win 10 & 11. it should work, the win 11 installer should realize its not win 10 and not change the boot info.

if this is all the result of running that program, did you ask on their support as it caused the mess?

Reactions: Mohd Azylee
Solution

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014

if this is all the result of running that program, did you ask on their support as it caused the mess?

I solved it using easybcd, somehow it detects my old windows 10 and uses that key and replace the boot info and replace it with windows 11, so I used easybcd to mark the windows 10 installation to able to boot from it.
Yes It was present when i was using wintohdd but after the installation it was fine until i boot up windows 11 and the came problem
its fine now i just forgot that i need to unplug all disk and ssds to avoid conflict between the instaltions.
thanks for help.