[SOLVED] Installing a gpu

Solution
Does that mean totally useless (if i install it)

It will not be useless. If you play games which are cpu-intensive then you may see a tiny difference. A difference which will not change much and not make it unplayable. It is worth however, buying the GPU because you would be better off with that setup rather than spending alot of extra money on a differenct cpu since 4th gen really isn't worth upgrading to another 4th gen.

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
It depends. Are you willing to spend more money afterwards for a better CPU?
Or will you not touch the CPU anymore.
Again I am not sure i only judge from feeling. if you really want to know whether your CPU would bottleneck your GPU ask someone that exactly knows that.
And if it does then yes, it would make more sense to get a cheaper GPU unless ofcourse you want to spend more for the CPU later.

It will not be useless. If you play games which are cpu-intensive then you may see a tiny difference. A difference which will not change much and not make it unplayable. It is worth however, buying the GPU because you would be better off with that setup rather than spending alot of extra money on a differenct cpu since 4th gen really isn't worth upgrading to another 4th gen.

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Apr 1, 2020
Ok, i understand you.Now please tell me about my setup.(psu and ram has been corrupted)
So i plan to have this for future (about 5 years)
I3 4150 ,3.5 ghz(can upgrade to i7 4th gen)
Ga H81M s2pv
8gb ram ddr3(can have more 8gb)
256gb ssd
1tb hdd
Gpu :1650 super 4gb ddr6
Psu :500 watt

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
Ok, i understand you.Now please tell me about my setup.(psu and ram has been corrupted)
So i plan to have this for future (about 5 years)
I3 4150 ,3.5 ghz(can upgrade to i7 4th gen)
Ga H81M s2pv
8gb ram ddr3(can have more 8gb)
256gb ssd
1tb hdd
Gpu :1650 super 4gb ddr6
Psu :500 watt
8gb ram ddr3: 8Gb seems good, although in 2020 ddr3 is not acceptable for me. No, the performance will almost be the same but why not go for ddr4?

Ga H81M s2pv : I would want to go full ATX rather than mini. With mini you wont be able to install some coolers that are to big (I also had a mini and later I was able to afford a full ATX and meanwhile I couldnt mount this cooler which was great:
https://www.amazon.de/CSB-Thermalright-Macho-Sockel-306350/dp/B07WBYJDKL/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=thermalright+macho+x2&qid=1585747485&sr=8-2 )

Psu :500 watt: more than enough

Gpu :1650 super 4gb ddr6: 6Gb of VRAM and then it would be gold but the graphics card is decent enough for 2020

1tb hdd: standard good choice. Personally I went 2TB bur for specific reasons and I could just afford it.

256gb ssd: Also a good choice. You could go go 125Gb or so but I think when it comes to boot ssd it's a must for 250Gb. However I highly recommend you get one from Samsung.

I3 4150 ,3.5 ghz(can upgrade to i7 4th gen): Now this is a bit tricky. Me, an individual, I have a personal thumb of rule when it comes to building a PC. I only go for parts that are considered good for me and do not pay attention to my budget. If I dont have enough money for a component I wish for then I save money instead of making compromises. I do not know what's your situation but I always want a CPU with at least 5.th generation in it (example: i3 5000 or i5 5000). Again when it comes to building PCs I always judge with stomach and not by statistics including game FPS and benchmarks.

Mind if I ask which cooler you are going to use?

Reactions: Pronob

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Technically yes although I do think your CPU would bottleneck your GPU.
The term "bottleneck" is very badly misused.

There is NO WAY that installing a BETTER video card, while making no other changes, will ever reduce performance.

The only possible problem you might have is if it's an OEM motherboard, say from a Dell, or HP, or Lenovo, etc. Some of those can be finicky about newer video cards.

@Blensidi - downvotes are for talking about bottleneck, then, when asked if the machine would be totally useless after installing the new card, you said "it depends"

Absolutely NOT. If the system isn't useless now, a faster video card will never, ever make it useless.

Apr 1, 2020
8gb ram ddr3: 8Gb seems good, although in 2020 ddr3 is not acceptable for me. No, the performance will almost be the same but why not go for ddr4?

Ga H81M s2pv : I would want to go full ATX rather than mini. With mini you wont be able to install some coolers that are to big (I also had a mini and later I was able to afford a full ATX and meanwhile I couldnt mount this cooler which was great:
https://www.amazon.de/CSB-Thermalright-Macho-Sockel-306350/dp/B07WBYJDKL/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=thermalright+macho+x2&qid=1585747485&sr=8-2 )

Psu :500 watt: more than enough

Gpu :1650 super 4gb ddr6: 6Gb of VRAM and then it would be gold but the graphics card is decent enough for 2020

1tb hdd: standard good choice. Personally I went 2TB bur for specific reasons and I could just afford it.

256gb ssd: Also a good choice. You could go go 125Gb or so but I think when it comes to boot ssd it's a must for 250Gb. However I highly recommend you get one from Samsung.

I3 4150 ,3.5 ghz(can upgrade to i7 4th gen): Now this is a bit tricky. Me, an individual, I have a personal thumb of rule when it comes to building a PC. I only go for parts that are considered good for me and do not pay attention to my budget. If I dont have enough money for a component I wish for then I save money instead of making compromises. I do not know what's your situation but I always want a CPU with at least 5.th generation in it (example: i3 5000 or i5 5000). Again when it comes to building PCs I always judge with stomach and not by statistics including game FPS and benchmarks.

Mind if I ask which cooler you are going to use?
Cooler hasn't plan for yet.
Ok let me clear for this you that i have existing
(I3 4150,1tb hdd, H81M s2pv(which supports only ddr3))
That's why I want to have (ssd,gpu,psu,ram)
Now if i have this config will it to bad for future
If bad
Then i have to go like this
New
Cpu,mobo,ddr4 ram,ssd,psu
Without gpu(don't have budget)