Installing a second hardrive (needing help)

Rasmus007

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
I do know how to install a harddrive, couldent be easier. Although i only have 1tb of stroage on my gaming pc that i built and its been over 2 years now time to get another tb of storage. My case supports more room but im wondering after installing the hard drive do i need to use a software or cable to sync the hard drive to my original one so i dont have 2 separate hard drives, making locating my files easier. I have never installed a second hard drive into any pc so i dont really know how it all works out, all help is much appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan

No, you leave it as a second individual drive. It will be just another drive letter. D or E, for instance.

Just use each drive for a different purpose.
OS and application on the current C drive, maybe games, docs, etc on the new E drive.

Rasmus007

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016

well you see all my games and os are on this one harddrive, so would it be worth it to just get the other harddrive and use it for games also or to wipe this current harddrive re-install windows 10 and then organize everything. this is only a gaming pc so i will have nothing other than the OS and games so its fine if i install the new harddrive and just use it for games also correct? my internet speed is 180KB/s (0.18megabits per second) so i would hate to have to re-downlaod my full steam and origin libary XD