Installing a second sata hard drive

Ive recently ordered an 8300 desktop and i was wondering if i would
need to purchase a sata cable to install a second hard drive. I bought
a WD sata drive from newegg and it didnt come with any cables. Does
the 8300 come with the necessary wires needed to install a second sata
drive?

Thanks!

"sd13" <athinaios13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ive recently ordered an 8300 desktop and i was wondering if i would
> need to purchase a sata cable to install a second hard drive. I bought
> a WD sata drive from newegg and it didnt come with any cables. Does
> the 8300 come with the necessary wires needed to install a second sata
> drive?
>
> Thanks!

No. You'll need to pick up a second cable. You'll want to measure the
approx. distance (including running it under the retaining loops in the
case) before buying.

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@nospam.bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "sd13" <athinaios13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ive recently ordered an 8300 desktop and i was wondering if i would
> > need to purchase a sata cable to install a second hard drive. I bought
> > a WD sata drive from newegg and it didnt come with any cables. Does
> > the 8300 come with the necessary wires needed to install a second sata
> > drive?
> >
> > Thanks!
>

> No. You'll need to pick up a second cable. You'll want to measure the
> approx. distance (including running it under the retaining loops in the
> case) before buying.
>

> Stew

Don't forget you will need to get a second SATA power connector too.

Kev

According to dell's customer support website, no sata power cable is
necessary as the sata drives connect to a regular power cable. Newegg
sells so many different types of cables and i dont know which one to
purchase.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim8300/sm/drives.htm#1103012

"Kevin" <kevin_watters@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<406fdfe7@news.comindico.com.au>...
> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@nospam.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "sd13" <athinaios13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Ive recently ordered an 8300 desktop and i was wondering if i would
> > > need to purchase a sata cable to install a second hard drive. I bought
> > > a WD sata drive from newegg and it didnt come with any cables. Does
> > > the 8300 come with the necessary wires needed to install a second sata
> > > drive?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >

> > No. You'll need to pick up a second cable. You'll want to measure the
> > approx. distance (including running it under the retaining loops in the
> > case) before buying.
> >

> > Stew
> >

> Don't forget you will need to get a second SATA power connector too.
>
> Kev

"sd13" <athinaios13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ive recently ordered an 8300 desktop and i was wondering if i would
> need to purchase a sata cable to install a second hard drive. I bought
> a WD sata drive from newegg and it didnt come with any cables. Does
> the 8300 come with the necessary wires needed to install a second sata
> drive?
>
> Thanks!

I just got my 8300 last month and it came with an extra SATA and power cable
in place. I installed an ATA 80gig drive I had in my old 4100. I had to use
a ribbon cable connected to the motherboard to install it.

Frank