Installing after upgrading hardware in August Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have a retail Upgrade of Windows 7 64 bit and a full license of Windows Vista that I used to install Windows 7 by. I have the Windows 10 free upgrade icon and will be able to get it but I will probably by building a new system in August or September after the new Intel CPU's come out. Does anyone know how this will work? Will I be able to do a fresh install of Windows 10 when I build a new system?

Solution
New info about the exact process is appearing daily. Wait until after it is released, and we can see exactly how it happens.

However, current indications are that your existing PC is the one that the Windows 10 Upgrade will be applicable for.
You probably can't use that on a whole new PC.

All the current verbiage points to 'upgrade on this device'. Not some new one in the future.

As always...let us wait and see.

USAFRet

Titan
New info about the exact process is appearing daily. Wait until after it is released, and we can see exactly how it happens.

However, current indications are that your existing PC is the one that the Windows 10 Upgrade will be applicable for.
You probably can't use that on a whole new PC.

All the current verbiage points to 'upgrade on this device'. Not some new one in the future.

As always...let us wait and see.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.