Question Installing F31D Bios on Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX and Ryzen 7000 CPUs

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
In the past, whenever I went above F11 on this board with my 7950X cpu installed, once the bios update was done, it wouldnt boot after that. I had to revert back to F11 to get my system running again. I even waited 2 hours for the bios update to boot again (which it didnt) with anything above F11.

Im getting my upgrade 9950X cpu in a weeks time. In the mean time, has anyone tried updating their bios to say F31D while still running a 7000 series CPU? Did it work and could you boot up? Before sending in my computer, I plan on updating the bios to 31D, but again Im not sure it will take with my current CPU installed.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're certain that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version but weren't able to boot soon after, then you might want to clear the CMOS after performing a BIOS update with the latest version. Provided you're updating the BIOS through the BIOS itself instead of the Q-Flash button on the rear.

In order to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs then replace the battery after 30mins.

Reactions: CountMike