Question Installing games lagging system?..

Feb 22, 2021
Greetings all!

I’ve attempted to install and run both KF2 and Apex on my system. It’s a brand new prebuilt from NZXT and it runs flawlessly... until... I installed these two games. Been running AC Valhalla so well and a few other games. I’ve installed them both through Steam and Origin. After install and running it up, on the next system boot everything gets wild. Programs barely start, sometimes an SSD will vanish from file explorer, and the system runs like crap. After I restore it, all is well! I was thinking maybe Direct X is an issue? Just looking for some insight before I throw a new Windows install on.
Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X
16 GB Trident Z Skill RAM
MSI VENTUS OC 3080
X570 Aorus Master Mobo

Colif

Win 11 Master
After install and running it up, on the next system boot everything gets wild. Programs barely start, sometimes an SSD will vanish from file explorer, and the system runs like crap.
installing games shouldn't do that. playing games shouldn't do that. Games no different to any other program so installing/running them shouldn't make system slow when the games themselves aren't even running.
Its not direct X, it has nothing to do with ssd randomly not showing up.

what are rest of specs of PC? what drives do you have?

Feb 22, 2021
installing games shouldn't do that. playing games shouldn't do that. Games no different to any other program so installing/running them shouldn't make system slow when the games themselves aren't even running.
Its not direct X, it has nothing to do with ssd randomly not showing up.

what are rest of specs of PC? what drives do you have?
Hello!
All of my drives are WD.
Boot drive is a WD SN550 250G M.2
The drives my games are on are WD BLUE M.2 2280 and a WD SSD 2.5

TRENDING THREADS