Installing GPU drivers crashes the system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
I recently assembled a PC. The specs are
CPU : RYZEN 7 1700 (Stock Cooler)
GPU : Aorus RX590 8GB
MoBo : ASROCK AB350M Pro4
Ram : 2x8GB G.Skill trident z
SSD : Samsung Evo 960 250 gb (m2 slot) USED ONLY FOR OS
HDD : 1 TB WD caviar blue (using from earlier build)
- 3 TB Barracuda
PSU: Corsair CX550M
And 3 thermal take led cables for lighting.
CASE : Corsair Spec-Alpha
No overclocking done. RAM running at UEFI default.

-The MAIN Problem: Kernel 41 task 63
This symptom occurs the moment the gpu drivers are installed. Without installing the drivers, ive been running the pc for 8-10 hours a day. As soon as the drivers are installed the system crashes and on boot-up after checking the event log i get the Kernel 41 task 63 Power error.
I've done an 8hr32min mem test.
I've fresh installed windows 10 x64.
Coolermaster thermal paste is also applied so no issues of overheating. The temp are normal as well after checking on CPUZ
And for some reason the CPU model name i.e. Summit Ridge isnt shown in the CPUZ (recent development)
Other than GPU drivers rest all drivers are running. I even did a complete safemode DDU installation.
Its very frustrating to have such a good pc but cant play anything.
I tried using a different gpu incase the gpu is doa but nothing changed.
PLEASE HELP!!

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017

And how much power would you suggest? 550+ ?
It'll take some time since ill have to borrow it.
So ill get back to you once that is done. Thanks a lot for all this and also in advance.
Also thanks @maxalge

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
I changed the gpu slot and the system worked for sometime but later, the screen started going blank and the system hanged, Now I've started to think that maybe its the mobo. OR THE GPU.
before jumping to anything else ill get the psu checked.
Extremely sorry for the delay but I've been unable to test the system, ill need 2-3 days more.

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
PSU AND MOTHERBOARD, BOTH ARE WORKING PERFECTLY FINE.
I use a wifi usb adapter for internet connection. All the times previously it was connected at rear end and I had never removed it, i.e. I was using it as we use the keyboard and mouse.
Started the pc without it and placed it in the front panel.
The pc seems to be working perfectly fine.
ALTHOUGH I dont know for how long.

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
I'm literally TILTING rn. RAGING!!!
The little ---- piece of USB Wifi adapter never supported windows 10 let alone 64 bit. Well, my mistake. I should've thought twice before buying it.
That's why there were driver conflicts and my setup is such that that I have to use Wi-Fi.
Thanks a lot for your help!

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017

tmotu

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
Ive started using the new card. But it seems new bsods have started arising, namely Critical_Process_Died.
I did a sfc /scannow but windows shows nothing wrong.
Is there something i should do?
Im thinking of fresh installing windows.